Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's hot up here.

But it's a dry heat, I guess. Something like 80 degrees over lunch. We just got back from shopping for groceries and stuff like that.

I've got to thank a couple of people for things that have kept me going and made me happy.

Parsons: you got me Sunkist. That stuff's still keeping me happy. Good stuff.
Lucas: We've watched some Sealab so far. About to start on some Aqua Teen.

Anyway, to backtrack to earlier today. As you know, we've gotten tracks for the rhythm section for three songs so far. We expect to be done with all of that tomorrow. The hardest bass track so far has definitely been "Of Explaining." I'll briefly explain why...

It's not that it's a difficult part to play (which it is, it basically is one of the neatest basslines I've worked with--props to Reggie "It's cool, it's cool, I'm black" Blackman for writing and recording the bass for it on the scratch track).
It's not that it's a new song (which it is, of course--we learned it this week).

It's that some crazy camera people came into my room while I was actually recording the song and messed it all up. I swear. John Moss infected Chance with whatever camera bug he has. Any other song would be okay except for the two newest songs we have.

Well, that's all I've got. The water on the stove is boiling so I've got to finish cooking food for this crew. Word up.

-seth

No comments: