Monday, March 26, 2007

Answering Questions

From Dr. Fred:

So how is it working with Mr. Hordinski?
Well, I've enjoyed it immensely thus far. He's a great guy, and easygoing. One part of my brain knows that he's one awesome guitarist, and a great producer--I've listened to his work quite a few times, and it's hard to think that I shot footage of him playing sections of "Daddy Untwisted" on John's guitar. At the same time, he's so laid back and quiet that I tend to forget.

What kind of feedback has he been giving you guys?
Well, thus far, we bounced around the idea of changing the bassline for one section of "Kite." I like the change. We kept it. That's about all we've gotten so far on feedback. Oh, and I changed my bass tone for about half of the songs. Too much high end...this bass is really freaking bright...

How is the overall feel for the project?
I'm impressed. It sounds professional. This place is conducive to making rock happen. Right now I'm tired, too, and so is Chance...Chance has been doing stuff in one take, usually--he's having to match the click, and that's his real job--make awesome drum sounds while keeping tempo. I overdub after that, putting the bass guitar in. It usually takes me about two, maybe three times to get what I consider is a perfect take. I have to give credit to the folks in this band for pushing me to excellence: I wasn't so worried about being spot-on before playing in Icarus. Originally, I thought I couldn't play "End of the World," and thought it was too difficult and complex to play it and sing it. Now I'm going back over bass parts because I didn't like the inflection of the bass tone in "Hero" near the end where I throw in a thirty-second note trill thing.

Post a photo of the control room & the man.
As odd as it sounds, we don't have any photos of the control room at the moment. Or of Ric. Those pictures are on the other cameras. I'll see if we can find some way of getting those on here. If not, we'll take some tomorrow.

I will be SO jealous if you get to see Mutemath.
Yeah. If? We're there, definitely...we'll take pictures of that, too. I'll get a shirt.

Word up. I think we're going to watch some Family Guy and eat some dinner, try and get to bed a little earlier.

No comments: