Saturday, March 31, 2007

Home

We did make it home around 3am Saturday morning. Lots of traffic delays on I75, but considering that we stopped about 8 times, 12.5 hours is decent time.

So, what next?

Tomorrow we have a photoshoot...we've got at least 2 shows scheduled so far in the coming weeks...in May we'll return to Ohio to finish tracking and mixing. Not exactly sure of all the dates yet...but it will most likely be mid-to-late May. We're hoping for a June release on the album...but a lot has to happen before then...artwork, album title, song sequence, etc...so don't hold us to that.

One more thing...we realized on Friday that something had been stolen out of our truck...we just missed is because we were so amazed that all the expensive stuff was still there. Unfortunately, what got taked was probably the most valuable thung in the truck on a personal level...my case of mixed CD's. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love making mix CD's for people...it's a bit of a compulsive art form for me...and I still do it the old fashioned way...no computers involved. Just piles of CD's and Vinyl...and a legal pad. In that case was around 100 mixed CD's that I've made for people over the last 6 or 7 years...mixes that reminded me of different times and different people...many who I don't get to see anymore. I also had 3 Dan Warren mixed CD's in there that I made from cassette masters he gave me in the 90's...plus some of his newer stuff...a bootleg live Normals show...and my iSLErO live anthology collection. Of all the things they could have taken from my truck...I would have given them the GPS, stereo, seats, battery, tires, whatever...but not my mixed CD case. They didn't touch my store-bought CD cases...and I had about 300 of those in the truck...I probably would have rather them taken them...because they're all replaceable. The mistake I made was that I used a computer laptop case as a CD holder...so they probably thought they were getting a laptop...and I'm certain that when they got down the road...and found out they just had a bunch of mixed CD's...they probably just chunked it in the trash. So, for nothing I lost 7 years worth of memories and a $200 window. Thanks.

-chall

1 comment:

Dan said...

So it goes. Most of that stuff you could re-burn, but that's going to take a while. We gotta get you a big, ugly cd case that says "stool samples" or "caution live bees" on the outside of it.