Friday, May 25, 2007

It's just the end of the world (of warcraft)

So it seems like we are only hours from the last tracking session on this album. All that'll be left to do after today will be mixing and producing, which got us wondering about what to do with the album artwork. I already know what company will be pressing the CDs for us (I've used them before and they have great PR, do great work, and have great prices), but thus far the actual artwork itself is lacking. One of the ideas was using a Chilean artist that Moss and I both admire greatly. We'll be blogging regularly once we get back after we have these ideas set down on paper...right now I think we need to really just brainstorm and get everything written down that we want to do for the album.

This is really shaping up to be the album that we really wanted it to be. It's hard to believe that nearly a year ago, Hananel and I were invited to come up to JRC's basement studio by Chris and Moss. I've really appreciated the freedom to express what I want to express by what I play or sing. There are parts on this album that I helped come up with, but I wouldn't have made any advances towards that end without the encouragement and support of the rest of the band. In fact, I'd say that without working with these guys extensively over the past few months, most of the ideas I've had regarding anything on this album would have never come to fruition.

Last night, we started up video chats with all sorts of people...Matt Wilkerson...Ian Fritzsche...even Justine Spinoza. We figured out how to conference call, too. If you have a moment during the day, download Skype to your computer and search for the name sethgolden. I'll leave this laptop on most of the day I think, and we'll all be here tonight after we go out to eat to celebrate.

Word.

-seth

2 comments:

Tiki Sanchez said...

sounds like you are accepting a dove award... are you crying???? THERE'S NO CRYING IN ROCK!

on to june said...

there's no accepting the dove award in rock...